- The police should explain to you your rights.
- Police should not torture you or force you to confess or admit to anything.
- Police can only search your property if they have been given a search warrant to do so.
- Police can also search if it is a stop and search operation and you should be present at all times.
- They should afford you the right to legal representation.
- Always take down the names of the officers interrogating you in any situation, cooperate at all times with their investigations.
- If taken before court the first time, ask that you be given time to get legal representation, do not plead guilty, ask that the plea be reserved.
- Contact Legal Guard immediately and come with copies all documents given to you by the police or at court.
- Note down the dates, names of all who are handling your matter and the location of the forums where your matter is heard.
- Do not get any other legal information until you have contacted Legal Guard first.
- Should you handle the matter in any other way not advised by Legal Guard in-house attorneys then the cover towards yourself may be limited
- Civil is a broad topic and clients should as a first option contact legal guard in-house attorneys before they enter into any legal situation.
- Have all agreements entered by you personally or those drafted by yourself, proof read by Legal Guard in-house attorneys.
- Seek advice on all family matters from Legal Guard in-house attorneys first, be it divorce, maintenance, adoption or separation.
- Do not buy or sell any property, movable or immovable without consulting with Legal Guard in-house attorneys.
- Always make copies of agreements you enter into and make copies for Legal Guard in-house attorneys.
- Always when receiving legal documents, contact our branches immediately, do not wait for a few days or weeks to pass, as that may have serious legal implications/consequences on yourself.
- We advise on civil matters that are at their initial stages only, if client had already applied other methods to handle the matter, Legal Guard might limit liability.
- Always contact our legal branches for advice on any labour issues you might have immediately.
- Bring copies of the legal matters you are facing well within time.
- Labour issues should be exhausted internally first before we can assist with legal representation, administrative processes should be followed at we only offer ln-house legal advice at this stage.
- The district labour office handles matters once the administrative processes of a company have failed.
- Come to Legal Guard offices for advice before your appear at the district labour office ( this should be done within a period of 30days or before the time for you to appeal the administration decision has lapsed).
- Legal representation is offered at the Industrial Court once the district labour office and given the go ahead to take matter there.